2. The types of personal information we collect and how we collect it:
Information you provide upon registration: in order to make use of certain services provided through the website such as the forums and email newsletters, you will either need to: (a) register an account with us. When you do so, you will provide us with information about yourself and you will be able to select how we use your information for marketing purposes; (b) log in using a social media account of your choice. When you do so, we will be provided with certain information about you from the social media site, as specified when you log in. You will be able to select how we use your information for marketing purposes. You can update your marketing preferences at any time by following the instructions to amend your details in the account registration section.
a. Information you provide upon ordering a product or service from us: if you order a product or service from us, you will need to provide certain personal details so that the order can be fulfilled. In some cases, we will direct you to a third party partner site which will collect this information from you
b. Information you provide upon entering a promotion or competition: if you enter a promotion or competition you will either need to register an account with us or provide certain personal information which will be used in accordance with the terms of the promotion or competition.
c. Information you provide when taking part in a poll or survey: if you take part in a poll or survey you will either need to register an account with us or provide certain personal information to us which we will use in accordance with the terms of the poll or survey.
d. Games: if you register to play a game through this site, you may be asked to provide personal information.
f. Email communications: we use web beacons in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. If you open an email from us, we can see which of the pages of our website you visited. Our web beacons don’t store any information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened an email from us. We may keep track of the emails that we send you. We also keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt out of receiving such emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
g. Information from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources (eg missing information about your postal or email addresses) and add it to the personal information we hold about you.
3. How we use the information that we collect:
We own the information we collect through this website. We will use it, as applicable, to:
o provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services;
o contact you regarding your registered account with us;
o confirm or fulfill an order you have submitted
o inform you if you have won a prize
o monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this website
o customise the advertising and content that you see
o monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of this website, enforce our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint
o send you promotional materials or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify us of this as part of the registration process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive, by amending your marketing preferences, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your email address and details of the information you no longer wish to receive
o for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
4. Who we may share your personal information with Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, comment hosting, website analysis, data analysis, translation services and processing credit card payments. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so.
a. Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
d. Group Companies: we only share your personal information with our group companies if you have elected to receive marketing information from them which may be of interest to you. They are only permitted by us to use it for the purpose of providing you with the marketing information you have requested. The use of your personal information by our group companies will be subject to their own privacy policies and practices. If you do not want to receive marketing information from our group companies you can notify us of this as part of the registration process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive, by amending your marketing preferences.
e. Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: we may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on this website or we may use an audience or traffic measurement service to analyse the traffic on this website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. Audience and traffic measurement services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavioral information from the website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. This website’s advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser.
7. Security: In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Littlebabylife shall not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this website including any of your information.
8. A note for parents concerning privacy: this website is a general audience website. On the website, we do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of sixteen. If, in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children on the Website, we will do so in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including, without limitation, obtaining parental consent where necessary. The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/familysafety and the GetNetWise website to learn more about parental control tools.
10. Questions about this website and the information we hold about you: if you have any general questions about this website or the information we have collected about you and how we use it, you can contact us at email@example.com