We’re understand if you are getting more and more apprehensive as your labor date nears – especially if you’re a first time mom. Fret not, there’s a way to help with the pain.
Many moms have found that listening to music helped them relaxed and keep calm throughout the difficult parts. Music is particularly useful in labor as it helps slow down brain waves and get you into that mental space to help you cope with it, says Nikki Shaheed, a certified birth educator. It will also get the oxytocin flow better, which helps your uterus contract.
The sort of music you listen to depends on your preference, of course. But here are a few suggestions:
1. Run The World (Girls) – Beyonce
2. Fantastic Baby – BIGBANG
3. Fighter – Christina Aguilera
4. Happy – Pharrell Williams
5. Push – Madonna
6. Let’s Get It Started – Black Eyed Peas
7. Survivor – Destiny’s Child
8. Don’t Panic – Coldplay
9. Naked As We Come – Iron & Wine
10. Roar – Katy Perry
11. Albatross – Fleetwood Mac
12. Skinny Love – Birdy