Parenting is tiring, and there’s no one to instruct you on the do’s and don’t’s. However, here are a few parenting hacks that will make your life easier:
1. Children wander off sometimes, despite you thinking that you’ve keep a tight eye on them. For those times, you can make a bracelet for your child with your number on it.
2. One rubber band is all you need to prevent your baby from being locked in the bathroom. Because we all know how scary it is for your child and how traumatising it is for you.
3. Bed wetting is unavoidable, but there’s an easier way to handle it. Make the bed twice, with a mattress protector between the 2 layers. If a leak happens, just remove the top sheet and protector.
4. Line up the potty with a coffee filter or toilet paper to ease the dreaded toilet dump. Or better yet, do it with a doggy poo bag and bin the whole thing instead.
5. Baby bottles attract bacteria and sticky residue a lot. To thoroughly clean the bottle, soak it in a bowl of water with a few denture tablets for half an hour.
6. An easy way to stop curious toddlers from poking around sockets is to cover them up with plain-coloured band-aids.
7. Kids love ice cream, but the mess they make sometimes can be a headache. To avoid this, use a disposable coffee cup lid.
8. Permanent market can come in handy at times, but with a toddler around it’s an absolute nightmare. To remove permanent market off wooden furniture, just use toothpaste.