Learning to use the potty is a milestone in your child’s life. There is no universal fixed time to start potty training, but many children will show signs that they are ready for potty training between 18 and 36 months. Bear in mind though that you don’t have to wait for your child to have every single sign to get started.
But toilet-teaching can be an extremely frustrating phase, so be patient. Most children are able to master the potty between the ages of 2 and 3.
You are eager to start potty training just like most parents. Check out our handy list to see if you little one is ready.
1. Started to show interest in using the potty.
2. Able to follow simple instructions.
3. Can tell you when they need to pee or poop
4. Stays dry for at least two hours during naps
5. Can walk or even run
6. Can sit still for two to five minutes
7. Can pull pants up and down
8. Dislikes the feeling of dirty diapers
9. Recognizes success
No matter how ready your child is, do expect some setbacks and accidents along the way.